Add to Collection
Go to Collections
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed, then finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chillies crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 230 g black beans
- 10 black olives chopped up
- 75 g brown basmati rice cooked as per packet intructions
- 500 g passata
Sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and dried herbs in a medium sized pot with 2 inches / 3cm of cold water for about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse and boil the brown rice in freshly boiled water as per the packet instructions or cook as you would normally.
Add the passata to the pot and stir. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
Add the olives and black beans, stir and then cook for a further 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust the flavouring then serve with the brown basmati rice and your choice of greens e.g. cabbage, Tenderstem broccoli or cavolo nero.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 1652mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1680IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 8mg