Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Servings: 2 big portions or 4 small
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic crushed, then chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 sweet potato sliced, then halved
- 2 medium carrots sliced, then halved
- 6 Brussels sprouts halved
- 400 ml light coconut milk
- half head broccoli roughly broken into florets
- half head medium cauliflower roughly broken into florets
- low salt soy sauce/Tamari to taste
- 4 spring onions/scallions finely chopped to garnish
Add three cm/1.5 inches of water to a pot. Add the red onions and carrots then cook for about 5 minutes until they become soft. If the water evaporates too quickly, just add a little more. Now is the time to start cooking your rice. Just follow the instructions on the packet.
Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, red chilli and lemongrass. Stir together over the heat for two minutes.
Add the sweet potato, cauliflower and Brussels to the pot and stir all together.
Add the tin of coconut milk and tomato puree then stir again.
Simmer for 10 minutes then add the broccoli. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
It's now time to taste! Does it need some soy sauce? How about some lime juice? Adjust the flavouring to suit your tastebuds then serve up and garnish with the spring onions.