This yummy Plant-Based Walnut and Cress salad is super simple to make and is delicious with the plant-based aduki bean burgers and sweet potato chips, or with the plant-based falafel. You can also eat on its own with some crunchy wholemeal bread and spicy bean pate.
I’ve made it here with a simple lemon juice dressing, but it’s also good with balsamic vinegar and honey mustard dressing. You can find more info about some oil free salad dressings here.
I hope you find it as tasty as I do.
Let me know how you get on making it by leaving me a comment below.
If you like it, please share with your friends and family. Thank you!
- 1/2 punnet cress washed
- 10 whole walnuts roasted in the oven for about 10 minutes
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach leaves rinsed and spun
- 1 handful baby watercress rinsed and spun
- juice from half a fresh lemon
- 10 baby plum tomatoes halved
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of Maldon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- Mix together the baby spinach and baby watercress leaves in a bowl, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the halved baby plum tomatoes to the salad, then add the cress and the roasted walnut halves.
- Squeeze your fresh lemon juice over the salad and if using, a pinch of Maldon sea salt over the baby tomatoes and the freshly ground pepper over the whole salad.
- Serve with the plant-based falafel or plant-based aduki bean burgers.
To finish up…
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to SHARE it with your friends and family, just use the buttons on the left. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.