This weeks recipe of the week is Plant-Based Tomato and Butterbean soup. This is a very quick and easy soup to make for lunch or as a starter. It’s delicious and nutritious! Enjoy!
- 1 onion halved, then sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 800 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can butterbeans drained and rinsed
- freshly ground black pepper to your taste
- 900 ml plant-based stock or bouillon
- Add 3cm/2inches of cold water to a large pot then add the onions and bay leaf. Sauté over a medium heat for 7-9 minutes until they're lovely and soft and transparent.
- Add the canned chopped tomatoes, can of butterbeans, drained to the pot with the stock and add the freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir then cook over a gentle hear for 10 - 15 minutes then serve as is, or puree if you prefer - remember to remove the bay leaf before you puree it!
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Plant-Based Tomato and Butterbean Soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…
What do you think? Did you make my Plant-Based Tomato and Butterbean Soup and enjoy it? Did you change it? Let me know what you think.