It’s bonfire weekend! So I thought I’d share this filling and smoky Three Bean Hungarian Vegan And Plant Based Goulash with you. The smoked paprika and caraway seeds give it a wonderful smoky taste.
Perfect for eating with brown rice, a big wedge of whole meal bread or ladled liberally into a baked potato at your bonfire party.
Let me know if you tried. I’d love to hear from you.
Three Bean Hungarian Vegan And Plant Based Goulash
- 400 g tin kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced into rings
- 2 onions thinly sliced into rings
- 1-2 heaped teaspoon smoked paprika
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pint plant based vegan bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 potatoes chopped equally into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Saute the onions,garlic, green pepper and potatoes in a couple of inches/4cm of cold water until soft. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and caraway seeds and continue to cook for another two minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, tomato puree, tin of tomatoes, stock, dried basil and black pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice for a filling and flavoursome supper on a cold autumn evening.