It’s bonfire weekend! So I thought I’d share this filling and smoky Three Bean Hungarian Vegan And Plant Based Goulash with you. The smoked paprika and caraway seeds give it a wonderful smoky taste.
Perfect for eating with brown rice, a big wedge of whole meal bread or ladled liberally into a baked potato at your bonfire party.
Let me know if you tried. I’d love to hear from you.
Three Bean Hungarian Vegan And Plant Based Goulash
This delicious Three Bean Hungarian Vegan And Plant Based Goulash is perfect to make for dinner on an autumn evening. You can serve it with nutty brown rice or a thick wedge of homemade wholegrain or wholemeal bread to soak up the juices. If you'd rather use a different combination of beans in the dish than I have, such as aduki or borlotti, feel free to mix it up.
- 400 g tin kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced into rings
- 2 onions thinly sliced into rings
- 1-2 heaped teaspoon smoked paprika
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pint plant based vegan bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 potatoes chopped equally into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Saute the onions,garlic, green pepper and potatoes in a couple of inches/4cm of cold water until soft. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and caraway seeds and continue to cook for another two minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, tomato puree, tin of tomatoes, stock, dried basil and black pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice for a filling and flavoursome supper on a cold autumn evening.