This is a super simple and very quick recipe for Taste Bud Tickling Plant-Based Smoky Black Beans. There are just six ingredients, but each packs a punch. Black beans are loaded with antioxidants and fibre, tomatoes are packed with lycopene and the spring onions/scallions contain allicin which is full of anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antifungal properties.
All in all, this is a nutrient packed taste bud tickling dish that you can enjoy with Speedy Plant-Based Sweet Potato and Bean Burgers, my rosemary burgers or adzuki burgers and sweet potato chips. They’re great on their own too.
Taste Bud Tickling Plant-Based Smoky Black Beans
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 4 spring onions/scallions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 400 g tins black beans in water drained, or your own dried beans cooked as per the packed instructions
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions/scallions, spices and BBQ sauce to a pot, stir and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, making sure they don't catch on.
- Add the drained, rinsed black beans and cook for a further five minutes.
- Serve with whatever you fancy, or have them on their own.
Remember to leave me a message below if you’ve made ‘Taste Bud Tickling Plant-Based Smoky Black Beans’ and let me know how you got on with them.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way? or Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet? Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you. Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!