This delicious plant based vegan Spring Vegetable Soup with Kale and Brown Rice is perfect for lunch.
I batch cook it and take it to work for lunch every day of the week. It’s packed with spring greens, kale, carrots and celery. It’s a meal on it’s own! I eat it with whole grain brown bread and a rainbow salad.
- 6oz Brown rice
- 2 Carrots (Chopped into chunky pieces)
- 2 handfuls Kale
- 1 handful Spring Greens
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 2 stalks Celery (Chopped into chunky pieces)
- 1l Marigold vegan bouillion
- 6 Dried prunes
- Cook the brown rice as per the packet instructions, cutting short the cooking time by five minutes. Rinse and set aside the rice.
- Put the carrots and celery into a large soup pot with about 3cm of water and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the stock, spring greens, prunes, kale and brown rice then cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls and serve with whole grain or whole meal brown bread.
Sign-up today to receive my newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Spring Vegetable Soup with Kale and Brown Rice. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…