This Plant-Based Spinach and Lentil Curry is a great midweek supper. I’ve served it here with brown rice, but you can also serve it with brown wholegrain bread, or pitta bread or with a baked potato. If there’s any left over you can take it to work the next day or freeze to eat the following week.
Plant-Based Spinach and Lentil Curry
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Sharp paring knives
- 150 g split yellow mung lentils rinsed until the water runs clear
- 900 ml water
- 1 green chillies left whole
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 small tomatoes
- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 g garlic crushed then chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Put the water, lentils, ginger, chillies and turmeric into a pan, bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- While the lentils are cooking put the cumin seeds and garlic into a shallow pot and cook under a medium heat until the cumin seeds start to pop. Add the coriander powder and garam masala and stir.
- Add the spice mixture to the lentils and stir in the spinach so all the ingredients are mixed.
- Serve with brown rice.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Spinach and Lentil Curry. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.