This delicious Plant Based Spicy Parsnip Soup will take you by surprise. It’s got a huge depth of yummy flavours that explode in your mouth. Ideal for lunch or as a starter, it’s filling and delicious. Enjoy!
This multi-layered soup releases the heat of the chilli and the sweetness of the coconut cream and parsnip in equal bursts of flavour in your mouth. Your taste buds are going to explode with the intensity of this soup!
- 1000g Fresh parsnips (Chopped equally)
- 6 Garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 300g Potatoes (Chopped equally)
- 1 Red chilli (Finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder (You can use your favourite strength here)
- 1 Carton Coconut Cream
- 2l Marigold Vegan Bouillion
- 4 Large onions (Finely chopped)
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to a pot containing 4cm of cold water and cook over a low heat for 5-6 minutes until the onions are soft. Add more water if the water dries up.
- Add the parsnips, potatoes, curry powder, stock and chilli. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer with the lid on for 20 - 25 minutes until the parsnips and potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir the coconut cream into the soup then remove from the heat.
- Blend with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve into warm soup bowls or put into containers to cool before putting into the freezer or the fridge to have later.
Sign-up today to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Plant Based Spicy Parsnip Soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…
What do you think? Did you make it and enjoy it? Did you change it? Let me know what you think below.