This delicious Plant-Based Spicy Chickpea and Lentil soup is a meal on its own. It’s delicious for lunch with crusty wholemeal bread and a green salad or with houmous/hummus on toast. Either way you’ll love it for lunch and long for it for supper.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger finely grated
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 l bouillon
- 250 g red lentils washed until the water runs clear
- 800 g can chickpeas drained and washed until the water runs clear
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro/coriander chopped
- Add 3cm of cold water to a soup pot and add your chopped onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions are soft and clear.
- Add the ginger and all the spices then stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stock and lentils. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes and then add the chickpeas and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add more water and heat through if it's looking a bit too thick for you. Finally add the coriander/cilantro and allow it to wilt for a few minutes before serving.
- And that's it! Yummy, simple chickpea and lentil soup. If you don't like coriander/cilantro, try adding some fresh baby spinach instead.
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Plant-Based Spicy Chickpea and Lentil Soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
What do you think? Did you make it and enjoy it? Did you change it? Let me know what you think.