Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/speedy-plant-based-sweet-potato-and-bean-burger/
© 2016 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Speedy Plant-Based Sweet Potato and Bean Burger
- 1 sweet potato, skin on, chopped into equal sized pieces, about 200g/8oz
- 400g/15oz kidney beans in water, drained and then rinsed
- 4 spring onions/scallions washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- Cook the sweet potatoes until they're tender. I microwaved mine for about five to six minutes in the microwave.
- Put the kidney beans into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, spring onions and the chipotle paste then mash again combining all the ingredients.
- Make sure the mixture 'sticks' together, if it doesn't add a small amount of water.
- Form into six to eight equal burgers and place on a non-stick baking tray or on a tray that's lined with grease proof paper. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes then flip, and cook on the other side for another 10 minutes until they're heated through.
Loading nutrition data...