Fancy making very Speedy Plant-Based Sweet Potato and Bean Burgers for dinner tonight? Try my ones! They couldn’t be easier to make, plus they’re packed with fibre, and have one of the healthiest vegetables on the plant as an ingredient – sweet potatoes. Not only are they packed with nutrients, they may also have special cancer fighting properties.
Serve them with Taste Bud Tickling Plant-Based Smoky Black Beans, ‘fried’ onions, mashed avocado and a green salad for lunch, or if salads not your thing in the colder months, have it with a mix of garden peas, green beans and bite sized broccoli florets. And if you want even more sweet potatoes, make some sweet potato fries to go with them. They make a wonderfully tasty and satisfying meal.
Go on, give them a try! You might be surprised at how quickly you can make them!
- Mixing bowl
- Oven proof dish
- 1 sweet potato skin on, chopped into equal sized pieces, about 200g/8oz
- 400 g kidney beans in water drained and then rinsed
- 4 spring onions/scallions washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- Cook the sweet potatoes until they're tender. I microwaved mine for about five to six minutes in the microwave.
- Put the kidney beans into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, spring onions and the chipotle paste then mash again combining all the ingredients.
- Make sure the mixture 'sticks' together, if it doesn't add a small amount of water.
- Form into six to eight equal burgers and place on a non-stick baking tray or on a tray that's lined with grease proof paper. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes then flip, and cook on the other side for another 10 minutes until they're heated through.
Remember to leave me a message below if you’ve made my ‘Speedy Plant-Based Sweet Potato and Bean Burgers’ and let me know how you like them.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way? or Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet? Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you. Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!