This delicious Scotch Broth can be made throughout the year but is especially good in the cold winter months. It’s ideal as a starter – I used it for my Burns Supper the other night, or you can have it for lunch with freshly baked wholemeal bread and a warming winter root vegetable salad.
It’s delicious and nutritious! Enjoy!
- 3 Carrots (Roughly chopped)
- 4 Celery Sticks (Roughly chopped)
- 2 Leeks (Sliced into 1 cm strips)
- 10 Brussels Sprouts (Kept whole)
- 400g Greens (This could be kale, cabbage or green tops)
- 3l Marigold Vegan Bouillion
- Black Pepper (Freshly ground)
- 200g Dried Split Green Peas
- 200g Dried Split Yellow Peas
- 100g Dried Butter Beans
- 100g Dried Barley
- Soak the dried beans, barley and peas overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse the following day before adding to a big soup pot.
- Put all the chopped and sliced vegetables into the pot with the stock. Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes or so until the dried peas and beans are cooked.
Sign-up today to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
[optin_box style=”10″ alignment=”center” email_field=”email” email_default=”Enter your email address” integration_type=”aweber” thank_you_page=”https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/youve-subscribed-to-our-newsletter/” list=”3048614″ name_field=”name” name_default=”Enter your first name”][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Here’s The Headline For The Box[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+TG9yZW0gaXBzdW0gZG9sb3Igc2l0IGFtZXQsIGNvbnNlY3RldHVyIGFkaXBpc2NpbmcgZWxpdC4gRG9uZWMgdmVsIG51bmMgbm9uIGxhY3VzIHZlbmVuYXRpcyBjb21tb2RvLjwvcD4K[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Subscribe[/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Scotch Broth. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…
What do you think? Did you make it and enjoy it? Did you change it? Let me know what you think below.