This Plant-Based Quick Chickpea and Spinach Curry is, as it says, very quick to make and tastes delicious. Try serving it with brown rice, green salad, chilli and onion chutney. Yum!
You can also use it as a filling for a baked potato or serve it with pitta bread – whatever you prefer.
If you’ve made my recipe for Plant-Based Quick Chickpea and Spinach Curry and enjoyed it, please share it with your friends and family. Thank you!
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli - your own choice of strength
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 400 g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh spinach washed
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 garlic cloves crushed and finely chopped
- Put the finely chopped onion and garlic in a pot with 2 cm of water and soften under a medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir for a further two minutes. Add the chilli powder, coriander, fresh ginger and garam masala and keep stirring for another two minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the tin of chickpeas. Stir all the ingredients together and heat through for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste and taste. Adding a little salt if desired.
- Add the spinach and stir. As soon as the spinach has wilted, serve with brown rice.