Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-white-bean-and-tomato-soup/
© 2017 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant-Based White Bean and Tomato Soup
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed, then chopped)
- 2 medium courgettes (finely chopped)
- 200g/7oz spring greens (washed and then shredded)
- 1x400g/14oz can butter beans in water (drained)
- 1x400g/14oz can cannellini beans in water (drained)
- 2x400g/14oz cans plum tomatoes
- 1 litre/35 oz vegan stock
- black pepper to taste
- Add two inches of cold water to a large pot then add the onions, celery, courgettes, leeks, garlic and large Bay leaf. Put the lid on the pot then cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the drained white beans to the pot with the spring greens, plum tomatoes and one litre/35oz of vegan stock.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. If it's too thick for you, just add some more boiling water to the pot.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper to taste then serve into warm soup bowls.
Loading nutrition data...