This is a delicious plant-based veggie coconut curry. It’s quick to make and filling. Remember to use the light coconut milk as coconut milk is high in fat.
When you make it, if you enjoy it, please share my plant-based veggie coconut curry with your friends and family. Thank you!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium potato chopped
- 3 cups steamed and chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder of your choice
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 handful Spinach
- 2 cups broccoli broken into florets
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 cups brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- Put the water in a pot and add the chopped onion, carrots, potato and garlic. Cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the curry powder, ground cumin, turmeric and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes stirring to ensure it doesn't catch on.
- Add the coconut milk and all the other vegetables except these spinach. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the potato is cooked stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach just before serving to the pot and stir before spooning into warm bowls. Sprinkle with soy sauce just before serving.
- Serve with brown, black or basmati rice.