Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-vegetable-jalfrezi/
© 2017 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant-Based Vegetable Jalfrezi
- Jalfrezi paste - I used the recipe here to make the paste and substituted the oil for water: www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/easy-homemade-curry-pastes/
- 2 red onions (finely sliced)
- 500ml/16 fl ozs boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vegan boullion
- Halfa head of a medium cauliflower (broken into florets)
- Twohandfuls of spring cabbage or cavolo nero
- 1 yellow
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 head broccoli (broken into small florets)
- 1x400g/14oz can chickpeas in water, drained
- 500ml/16 fl ozs passata
- As much as you wantbrown rice (washed and cooked as per the packet instructions)
- fresh coriander to decorate
- Add two inches of water to a large pot and then add the red onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes, adding more water if the water evaporates. You're looking for the onions to start to break down and caramelize.
- Add your homemade paste and stir into the onions, then add your cauliflower florets, stock, water and passata then cook for a further 15-20 minutes. You're looking for the cauliflower to begin to get soft and the sauce to thicken.
- Add the drained chickpeas, peppers, broccoli and cabbage or cavolo nero. Cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of brown rice and scatter with some coriander leaves, and if you fancy a few toasted almonds and finely sliced red chilli.
Loading nutrition data...