This is a wonderful tasting Plant-Based Vegetable Jalfrezi. It’s packed with nutrient enriching foods such as garlic, ginger, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, red onions and our wonderful friend from the legume family – chick peas.
Oh, and not forgetting one of our staples – tomatoes, this time in the form of passata.
I’ve served my Plant-Based Vegetable Jalfrezi on a bed of brown rice for dinner. It makes about four portions, so if you’re cooking for one, why not freeze the other three portions? Or, if you’re very hungry – keep eating, remember you can have as much as you want. We don’t count calories, points or anything else here, it’s all about eating as much as you want of delicious plant-based food that’s minimally processed. To find out more, go here.
If you’re having friends round for dinner for them to sample your amazing plant-based cooking, why don’t you scatter some fresh coriander leaves on the top with a few toasted almonds and finely sliced red chilli. It’ll give it that little flourish so it’ll not only taste delicious, your guests will be feasting with their eyes too!
Remember to let me know below if you’ve made my Plant-Based Vegetable Jalfrezi and enjoyed it below in the comments section – thank you!
- Jalfrezi paste - I used the recipe here to make the paste and substituted the oil for water: www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/easy-homemade-curry-pastes/
- 2 red onions (finely sliced)
- 500ml/16 fl ozs boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vegan boullion
- Halfa head of a medium cauliflower (broken into florets)
- Twohandfuls of spring cabbage or cavolo nero
- 1 yellow
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 head broccoli (broken into small florets)
- 1x400g/14oz can chickpeas in water, drained
- 500ml/16 fl ozs passata
- As much as you wantbrown rice (washed and cooked as per the packet instructions)
- fresh coriander to decorate
- Add two inches of water to a large pot and then add the red onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes, adding more water if the water evaporates. You're looking for the onions to start to break down and caramelize.
- Add your homemade paste and stir into the onions, then add your cauliflower florets, stock, water and passata then cook for a further 15-20 minutes. You're looking for the cauliflower to begin to get soft and the sauce to thicken.
- Add the drained chickpeas, peppers, broccoli and cabbage or cavolo nero. Cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of brown rice and scatter with some coriander leaves, and if you fancy a few toasted almonds and finely sliced red chilli.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way?
Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet?
Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!