Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-vegan-spaghetti-bolognese/
© 2014 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant Based Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
This is a delicious plant based vegan spaghetti bolognese. You can add one teaspoon of each of marjoram, thyme and oregano when you're cooking the veg at the start or a couple of Chipotle peppers and a teaspoon of smoked paprika if you'd like to add more flavour.
- 2 " Water
- 2 Celery sticks (Chopped into equal bitesize pieces)
- 2 Large carrots (Chopped into equal bitesize pieces)
- 1 Onion (Chopped into equal bitesize pieces)
- 1 Garlic clove (Finely chopped)
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes
- 8oz Red or brown lentils (Washed until the water runs clear)
- 1l Marigold vegan bouillion
- 500g Whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 handful Baby spinach leaves
- Put water into a pot then add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook gently for 5-7 minutes until soft. Meanwhile add the spaghetti to a pot and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add lentils, stock and can of chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- At the last minute before serving, stir in a handful of spinach leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and then serve on to warm bowls. Spoon the lentil bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and grind the fresh pepper over the sauce.
Loading nutrition data...