Are you craving some comfort food? How about the good old favourite, spaghetti bolognese?
Or spag bol to some? This filling Plant-Based Spaghetti Bolognese is perfect when you’re looking for a meal for family, friends or just for you.
If you’ve made it and enjoyed it, please share it with your friends and family using the share buttons on the left.
- 2 inches water
- 2 celery sticks chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 2 large carrots chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 onion chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz red or brown lentils washed until the water runs clear
- 1 l bouillon
- 500 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Put water into a pot then add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook gently for 5-7 minutes until soft. Meanwhile add the spaghetti to a pot and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add lentils, stock and can of chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- At the last minute before serving, stir in a handful of spinach leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and then serve on to warm bowls. Spoon the lentil bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and grind the fresh pepper over the sauce.