Are you craving some comfort food? How about the good old favourite, spaghetti bolognese?
Or spag bol to some? This filling Plant-Based Spaghetti Bolognese is perfect when you’re looking for a meal for family, friends or just for you.
If you’ve made it and enjoyed it, please share it with your friends and family using the share buttons on the left.
Plant-Based Spaghetti Bolognese
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Sharp paring knives
- 2 inches water
- 2 celery sticks chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 2 large carrots chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 onion chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz red or brown lentils washed until the water runs clear
- 1 l bouillon
- 500 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Put water into a pot then add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook gently for 5-7 minutes until soft. Meanwhile add the spaghetti to a pot and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add lentils, stock and can of chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- At the last minute before serving, stir in a handful of spinach leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and then serve on to warm bowls. Spoon the lentil bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and grind the fresh pepper over the sauce.