If you’re looking for a delicious way to eat your daily serving of cruciferous veg, then this is it. This Plant Based Vegan Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower tastes amazing with the crushed coriander seeds and liberal amount of garlic that’s used. When I had friends round for dinner the other night I served this up with the plant based vegan cottage pie you can find here. It was a great success and there wasn’t one floret of cauliflower or broccoli left. You’ll not be disappointed!
Plant Based Vegan Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Pyrex roasting dish
- Sharp paring knives
- 500 g cauliflower
- 500 g broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400F (200C).
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and put them into an oven proof dish.
- Crush the coriander seeds and sprinkle over the florets. I use a pestle and mortar so that I can grind them up quite finely.
- Peel the garlic and place in the pestle and mortar with the sea salt. Grind them all together so they form a paste and then add three tablespoons of water and mix again. Pour over the veg.
- Mix the broccoli and cauliflower with the crushed coriander seeds and garlic to ensure the seasoning is well distributed. Add 1.5 cm of water to the oven proof dish.
- Put the dish into the oven for 25-35 minutes. I use a fan assisted oven so you might have to leave it in for a bit longer.
- Check throughout the cooking time to ensure that they don't burn.
- Serve up with the cottage pie or any other plant based vegan meal you fancy.
Up above, I shared with you Plant Based Vegan Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.