This is my all time favourite plant- based veggie chilli. I’ve been making it for years and is now such a staple that I make it every week either for dinner or pack it up for lunch.
I serve it with brown rice, homemade salsa and guacamole. (I’ll share these recipes with you another time.)
This is another recipe that you can batch cook, freeze it in individual portions and take them out whenever you need them.
- 1 onion Chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 green or red pepper Chopped into equal bitesize pieces
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 800 g cans red kidney beans in water
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon raw cocoa
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- Put the chopped onions and green pepper into a pan with 3 cm of water. Gently cook for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add the yellow mustard seeds and cook for a further minute or so.
- Add all the kidney beans including the water they're in, the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, raw cocoa, chilli and cinnamon. Cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the brown rice and cook as per the packet instructions. Usually for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into warm bowls and serve.
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Plant-Based Veggie Chilli with Brown Rice. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…