This beautiful plant based vegan broccoli soup is a delicious way to incorporate broccoli into your diet. As a group of vegetables, very few other single food groups can compare to the nutrient punch that cruciferous vegetables pack. Check out my blog post here on cruciferous veg. You’ll be surprised at what they can do for you.
- 1l Marigold Vegan Bouillon
- 1 Large potato (Unpeeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 Medium onion (Chopped)
- 3 Whole garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme
- Half teaspoon Dried marjoram
- Quarter teaspoon Ground turmeric
- Quarter teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tin Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Broccoli florets (about one head of broccoli)
- SaltAs desired
- Put the stock, potato, onion, garlic, celery seeds, thyme, marjoram, turmeric and pepper in a large pot. Place over a medium heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the chick peas and then blend with a stick blender or a traditional blender. Blend until the mixture is super smooth.
- Add the broccoli to the blended mixture, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is fork tender. When it's ready, serve into warm soup bowls.
- Stored in a covered container in the fridge, the soup will keep for up to three days.
Sign-up today to receive my newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you