This delicious Plant-Based Broccoli soup is a delicious way to incorporate broccoli into your diet. As a group of vegetables, very few other single food groups can compare to the nutrient punch that cruciferous vegetables pack.
Check out my blog post here on cruciferous veg. You’ll be surprised at what they can do for you.
- 1 litre bouillon
- 1 large potato unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 whole garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 cups broccoli florets about one head of broccoli
- Put the stock, potato, onion, garlic, celery seeds, thyme, marjoram, turmeric and pepper in a large pot. Place over a medium heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the chick peas and then blend with a stick blender or a traditional blender. Blend until the mixture is super smooth.
- Add the broccoli to the blended mixture, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is fork tender. When it's ready, serve into warm soup bowls.
- Stored in a covered container in the fridge, the soup will keep for up to three days.
If you’ve made my Plant-Based Broccoli Soup and enjoyed, please share it with your friends and family using the buttons above, to the left.