This delicious, filling Plant Based Vegan Black Bean Chilli is easy to make and if you double the ingredients you can enough to keep for lunch the next day and eat it as a filling for a burrito.
The chillies active compound, capsaicin, can help destroy cancer cells and is most concentrated in chilli seeds.
- 64 g water
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400 g rinsed drained, cooked black beans
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 64 g plant-based stock
- 64 g frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce such as adobo
- 256 g brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves chopped or minced
- Heat the water in a large pot and add the onion, pepper, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Cook the brown rice as per the packet instructions.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, stock, corn, crushed red chilli and sauce. Cover and stir occasionally for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the chilli into warm bowls an serve with the brown rice.
Sign-up today to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Up above, I shared with you Plant Based Vegan Black Bean Chilli. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.