This delicious, filling Plant Based Vegan Black Bean Chilli is easy to make and if you double the ingredients you can enough to keep for lunch the next day and eat it as a filling for a burrito.
The chillies active compound, capsaicin, can help destroy cancer cells and is most concentrated in chilli seeds.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Green pepper (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 3 cups Rinsed, drained, cooked black beans
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Vegan stock
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chilli sauce such as adobo
- 2 cups Brown rice
- 4 Garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- Heat the water in a large pot and add the onion, pepper, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Cook the brown rice as per the packet instructions.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, stock, corn, crushed red chilli and sauce. Cover and stir occasionally for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the chilli into warm bowls an serve with the brown rice.
Sign-up today to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you