This very filling Plant-Based Three Bean Chilli is chock full of fibre which enhances the immune function and helps our body get rid of excess circulating hormones and carcinogens, thus lowering cancer risk. Try serving with brown rice and a super fresh green salad.
Plant-Based Three Bean Chilli
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Sharp paring knives
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder of your choice
- 1.5 cups cooked or canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups cooked or canned red beans e.g. kidney or aduki rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups cooked or canned Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup brown rice per person
- Heat half a cup of water in a large pot and add the onion and cumin seeds. Cook over a high heat stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Cook the brown rice as per the packet interactions.
- Stir in the green pepper, garlic and half a cup of the remaining water. Turn down the heat and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and the remaining cup of water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the beans and cooking liquid. Cover loosely and simmer for 15 minutes.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Three Bean Chilli. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.