Made from store cupboard essentials, this very quick Plant Based Spicy Bean Spread will last you for a few days. Spread on toast, flatbread, ciabatta, inside a pitta bread or in a baked potato. It tastes good no matter how you use it!
- Mixing bowl
- 400 g mixed beans e.g. kidney black, haricot (If you're using a can, drain and rinse them)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Worcestershire sauce no fish version to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 6 baby tomatoes chopped
- Put all the ingredients except the rosemary and baby tomatoes into a bowl and crush either with a fork, or I used a hand blender.
- Add the baby tomatoes and the fresh, chopped rosemary and mix in.
- Use as a spread on whatever you choose - toast, flatbread, ciabatta, inside a pitta or as a filling for a baked potato. Serve with a green salad for a yummy filling lunch.
If you’re just starting out on your plant-based journey then the following articles will help you.
How to get started on your plant-based journey to learn about the power plate. It was developed by Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and provides optimal health for you and your family and is brilliantly flexible so you can eat in a way that suits your taste and lifestyle whilst getting all the nutrients you need.
If you’re struggling to eat more whole grains everyday, check out my five tips to help you here: How to easily eat more whole grains everyday
A typical food plan for the day may look like this:
Oatmeal/porridge for breakfast made with water or plant-based milks such as rice milk. Topped with fresh fruit such as sliced banana. Two slices of wholemeal toast, spread with 100% fruit jams. Read about my 7 of the best ever plant-based breakfasts
Water and/or tea or coffee, black or made with plant-based milks.
Mid morning snack of fruit, or read my post on 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
For an afternoon snack remember to check out my suggestions here: 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
Now it comes to dinner. What’s quick to make, nourishing and doesn’t cost the earth? Try some of my delicious dinner recipes.