Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-roasted-cauliflower-chickpea-soup/
© 2017 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant-Based Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
- 1kg/2lb cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 400g/14oz cans chickpeas in water, rinsed and drained
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed then chopped
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 litres/3pints Marigold vegan low salt bouillon
- Handfulroasted hazel nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F/gas 6). Divide the cauliflower, chickpeas, lemon zest and garlic between two non stick baking trays.
- Add enough water to both baking trays to a depth of 1cm/0.4 inches. Grind some fresh black pepper over the cauliflower mix and place in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Place the potato and Marigold vegan bouillon in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the cauliflower and chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until tender.
- Using a hand-held stick blender, purée until smooth. Divide the soup among warm soup bowls and top with the roasted hazelnuts.
Loading nutrition data...