My Plant-Based Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup is a delicious, thick, creamy soup that tastes amazing! All without adding any milk or cream. It’s packed with flavour from the cauliflower, chickpeas, some fresh thyme, lemon zest and off course some tasty bouillon.
I had friends round for dinner the other night and prepared this with some wholegrain bread and sprinkled it with some roasted hazelnuts, cumin and coriander seeds. I then took it to work the next day and had it with one of my super salads.
You’ll definitely be feeling full and satisfied all afternoon long, while flooding your body with lots of fibre and deliciousness!
Plant-Based Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
- Non stick baking tray
- Measuring jug
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Lemon zester / mini grater
- 1 kg cauliflower trimmed and cut into small florets
- 400 g cans chickpeas in water rinsed and drained
- 6 cloves garlic crushed then chopped
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 potato peeled and finely chopped
- 2 litre Marigold vegan low salt bouillon
- handful roasted hazelnuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F/gas 6). Divide the cauliflower, chickpeas, lemon zest and garlic between two non stick baking trays.
- Add enough water to both baking trays to a depth of 1cm/0.4 inches. Grind some fresh black pepper over the cauliflower mix and place in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Place the potato and Marigold vegan bouillon in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the cauliflower and chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until tender.
- Using a hand-held stick blender, purée until smooth. Divide the soup among warm soup bowls and top with the roasted hazelnuts.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way?
Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet?
Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you.
Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!