Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-peanut-butter-vegetables/
© 2016 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Vegetables
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, then chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 can tin chopped tomatoes (400g/14oz)
- 400ml/3/4 pint/1 and half cups coconut milk
- handful broccoli florets
- handful cauliflower florets
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 100g/3.5oz crunchy peanut butter (100% peanuts, no oil or salt added)
- handful fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 20 or so flaked almonds, toasted
- brown rice (amount depending upon how much you want)
- Cook the brown rice as per the packed instructions.
Add two inches of cold water to a large saucepan, then add the onion and garlic, cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the leek, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh ginger, garam masala and cook for another two minutes. Stir well to ensure the ginger and garam masala are mixed with the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and canned tomatoes. Stir all the ingredients together then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the mixture to ensure it doesn't catch on.
- Just before serving add the fresh coriander then serve with brown rice and sprinkle over some toasted sliced almonds.
Loading nutrition data...