Plant-Based Peanut Butter Vegetables… so, what do you do with the last of your leeks, broccoli and cauliflower? Well, why not try my delicious plant-based peanut butter vegetables? I was a bit stuck as to what to make, so I raided my store cupboard and pulled out some peanut butter, fresh ginger, red onion, garlic and some spices to create this dish. It’s amazing what you can do when you think you’ve got nothing in the house!
Don’t forget, broccoli and cauliflower are powerhouses from the vegetable patch, plus, as with all veg, they’re loaded with fibre. If you find that you have other vegetables, this sauce works equally well with potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, squash and pumpkin to name but a few.
It tastes amazing whatever veg you use! Go gone, give it a try and let me know how you get on.
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Vegetables
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed, then chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 can tin chopped tomatoes 400g/14oz
- 400ml / 3/4 pint / 1 and half cups coconut milk
- handful broccoli florets
- handful cauliflower florets
- 1 leek sliced
- 100g / 3.5oz crunchy peanut butter 100% peanuts, no oil or salt added
- handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- 20 or so flaked almonds toasted
- brown rice amount depending upon how much you want
- Cook the brown rice as per the packed instructions.
- Add two inches of cold water to a large saucepan, then add the onion and garlic, cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the leek, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh ginger, garam masala and cook for another two minutes. Stir well to ensure the ginger and garam masala are mixed with the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and canned tomatoes. Stir all the ingredients together then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the mixture to ensure it doesn't catch on.
- Just before serving add the fresh coriander then serve with brown rice and sprinkle over some toasted sliced almonds.
I hope you enjoy my delicious Plant-Based Peanut Butter Vegetables as much as I do. What do you think? Did you make them?
Leave me a comment below. Thank you!
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way? or Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet? Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you. Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!