This delicious plant based Pea Soup is perfect for lunch or to serve as a starter when you’ve got friends round to dinner.
It’s very quick and cheap to make and is filling when served with whole grain brown bread and a watercress, spinach and rocket salad. I drizzle a dressing of ginger, lemon and Maple syrup over the salad. It’s yummy!
- 2 Onions (Finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves garlic (Finely chopped)
- 100g Fresh mint (Roughly chopped)
- 1.5kg Frozen peas
- 2 pints Marigold vegan bouillon
- Add 4cm of cold water or half a cup of cold water to a large pt. Add the onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the onions are transparent.
- Add all of the frozen peas and the stock and bring up to a boil then turn down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the peas are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly before blending in either a blender or I use a stick blender and blend it in the pot until it's lovely and smooth.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls and garnish with some of the left over mint leaves.
If you’re just starting out on your plant-based journey then the following articles will help you.
How to get started on your plant-based journey to learn about the power plate. It was developed by Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and provides optimal health for you and your family and is brilliantly flexible so you can eat in a way that suits your taste and lifestyle whilst getting all the nutrients you need.
If you’re struggling to eat more whole grains everyday, check out my five tips to help you here: How to easily eat more whole grains everyday
A typical food plan for the day may look like this:
Oatmeal/porridge for breakfast made with water or plant-based milks such as rice milk. Topped with fresh fruit such as sliced banana. Two slices of wholemeal toast, spread with 100% fruit jams. Read about my 7 of the best ever plant-based breakfasts
Water and/or tea or coffee, black or made with plant-based milks.
Mid morning snack of fruit, or read my post on 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
For an afternoon snack remember to check out my suggestions here: 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
Now it comes to dinner. What’s quick to make, nourishing and doesn’t cost the earth? Try some of my delicious dinner recipes.
Let me know in the comments section below if you’ve found my post: 6 Reasons You’re Putting on Weight Without Knowing It useful. I always love hearing from you!
p.s. Remember to share my post with your friends and family by using the buttons on the top left of the page. Thank you!
Join Our Community
Sign-up today for free and be the first to find out when there’s new updates.