This is a very simple but delicious Plant-Based Parsnip and Lemongrass Soup. It’s ideal as lunch with crunchy wholemeal bread and a big green salad, or as a starter to go with the Plant-Based Thai Green Curry that you can find here.
I bought some parsnips and had some lemongrass leftover, so I thought I’d try combining them to see how it would taste. It was yummy, so I’m sharing it with you here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 red chillies (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 250ml coconut cream
- 1 lime, juice only
- 500g parsnips (peeled and chopped into equal pieces)
- 600ml Marigold Vegan Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon galangal
- Add the onions, parsnips, galangal, lemongrass, garlic and ginger to a pot with 2cm of water. Cook for about 7-10 minutes until the onions become soft.
- Add the stock then cook for a further 10 minutes until the parsnips become soft.
- Add the creamed coconut and stir. Then liquidise the soup with either a counter top or hand blender. If it's too thick add some more hot stock.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls and serve with crunchy wholewheat bread.
If you're having it for lunch why don't you serve it with a big green salad?
Looking for more plant-based meals?
Check out my new digital cookbook which features 31 plant-based vegan meals. Click here to read more.
Looking to take the hassle out of planning your plant-based meals?
Then why don’t you try my 7 Day Plant-Based Meal Plan? You can find out more by clicking here.
Join Our Community
Sign-up today for free and be the first to find out when there’s new updates.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Parsnip and Lemongrass Soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.