Looking for something a bit different to add to your salads, or to have as a snack? Then try my Plant-Based Oriental Marinated Artichokes.
Artichokes are packed with antioxidants and are mighty tasty. You can steam them, stuff them, make a spread with them and use them for making tea or marinate them as I’ve done here to create Plant-Based Oriental Marinated Artichokes. Native to the Mediterranean area, even the ancient Greeks and Romans ate them!
I’ve also created a wonderfully flavoursome Plant-Based Artichoke and Green Olive Spread that you can check out here.
I hope you enjoy my delicious Plant-Based Oriental Marinated Artichokes as much as I do. What do you think? Did you make them? Let me know.
Plant-Based Oriental Marinated Artichokes
- Mixing bowl
- Shallow dish
- 4 artichokes quartered
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce/Tamari sauce
- 2 garlic cloves crushed then finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the artichokes, and mix together.
- Place artichokes in a shallow dish and pour over the ingredients you've just mixed. Cover the artichokes and place in the fridge. Leave for at least a couple of hours before you eat them.
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a wholefood, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you.
Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!