This delicious Plant-Based No Meat Loaf is bursting with goodness. Vitamin C and lycopene come from the chopped tomatoes. Oh, and the carrot!
It’s got rolled oats, Bulgar wheat, onion, celery, green pepper and walnuts too.
I served it with cabbage, broccoli and roast potatoes. Fresh lemon juice was then squeezed over the veg to give them a zing. (You can’t see the broccoli as there wasn’t enough room on the plate!)
Go on, give it a try. It’s super yummy. Don’t forget to share the love and let your friends and family try it!
Plant-Based No-Meat Loaf
- Mixing bowl
- Loaf tin
- Wooden spoon
- 256 g bulgur wheat cooked
- 192 g whole wheat bread crumbs
- 152 g rolled oats
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 32 g walnuts finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 64 g ketchup or barbecue sauce this is optional
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bulgur wheat, bread crumbs, oats, tinned tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, green pepper, walnuts, soy sauce, mustard, thyme, sage and pepper in a very large bowl.
- Use a non-stick loaf tin, 5x9 inches, and press the mixture into the loaf tin. Spread the optional ketchup over the top and bake for 60 minutes. If you've got a fan assisted oven keep an eye on it from about 40 minutes to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with your choice of veg.