Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-mushroom-soup/
© 2016 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant-Based Mushroom Soup
1 hr 5 mins
- 2 red onions (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed then finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped into small, equal pieces
- 15g/0.5oz fresh thyme, leaves only, discard the stalks
- 50g/1.7oz dried, procini mushrooms (following packed instructions, but they're usually soaked in 500ml/1 pint boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove the porcini from the liquid for the soup and keep the water/stock/liquid for the soup as well)
- 259g/9oz closed cap chestnut mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 150g/5oz closed cap white mushrooms
- 1ltr/2 pints stock
- 28g/1oz fresh flat leaved parsley (keep a few leaves whole and finely chop the remainder)
- 1 zest of one lemon and half of its juice
- Add two inches of water to a large pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, potato and thyme to the pot. Bring to a fast bubble, then turn down and simmer for approximately 10 minutes with the lid on. Make sure that the mixture does not catch on. If it does, add some more cold water.
- Add the porcini with their soaking water to the pot with all the other mushrooms. Stir well. Cook for 20 minutes with the lid off.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped parsley then whizz with a hand blender or a countertop blender until smooth.
- Mix the lemon juice zest with half of the lemon juice.
- Serve the mushroom soup into warm soup bowls with a swirl of the lemon juice and zest and a scattering of some of the reserved parsley.
Loading nutrition data...