This hearty and nutritious plant-based minestrone soup is a tasty crowd-pleaser and is super-easy to tweak depending upon the vegetables you have in the fridge. My plant-based minestrone is packed with fibre from the onions, garlic, whole wheat spaghetti, borlotti beans, courgettes, spring greens, tomatoes, celery, tomatoes and carrots.
It’s so hearty, you can have a big steaming bowl of it for lunch and it’ll keep you feeling full all afternoon.
If you don’t have the veggies in the house that I used, use whatever you’ve got to hand. It’s a great soup to make at the end of the week to use up all the little left over veg you have, and once you’ve made it, you can keep it, eat it or freeze it to have later.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 leeks cut lengthways, then each half cut lengthways again then sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 125 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1.25 litre Marigold Vegan Bouillion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- Add water to a depth of 3cm to a pot. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and garlic and cook over a low heat for 6-7 minutes until they are soft.
- Add some black pepper to the pot then add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the wholewheat pasta to the pot and cook until the pasta is cooked through but still retains its shape.
- Serve into warm soup bowls.
I’d love to hear from you… did you make it? What’s your favourite plant-based soup? Let me know in the comments section below.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way?
Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet?
Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!