This delicious Plant Based Minestrone soup is very easy to make and has a lovely fresh flavour. It’s ideal for lunch or as a starter. Why don’t you try serving it with some homemade crusty bread and a green salad? Enjoy!
Plant-Based Minstrone Soup
- Large stock pot
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Sharp paring knives
- Measuring spoons
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed then finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks finely sliced
- 3 courgettes finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 potato chopped into small pieces
- 400 g tin of borlotti beans drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 litre Marigold bouillon or similar stock
- 10 strands of spaghetti broken into one inch long pieces
- 200 g spring greens chopped finely
- 4 fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Put the onions, garlic, celery, carrots, courgettes, potato, bay leaf and oregano into a large soup pot with two inches of cold water. Put the lid on and sweat the veg over a low heat for about 15 minutes - until they start to become soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and borlotti beans to the pot with the tomato puree and cook for a further 15 minutes with the lid on, then add the broken spaghetti and spring greens and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Check the potatoes are cooked by piercing them with a knife if the knife pierces the potato easily, it's cooked, if it doesn't, you need to cook it for a further five minutes or so.
- If the soup is too thick, just add some more boiling water or stock to the pot to get it to a consistency you like. Check that the spaghetti is cooked, season with the black pepper to your taste, then ladle into warm soup bowls.
- Serve on it's own or with a few slices of whole grain bread with sliced avocado and baby plum tomatoes. It makes a wonderfully satisfying lunch or light evening meal.
- Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving!
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Plant Based Minestrone. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.