This delicious plant based lentil salad is super quick to make and tastes yummy. There’s no cooking involved, you just put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. Just like that!
If you don’t have a red onion to hand, you can use a regular onion or shallots.
If you don’t want to use, or don’t have to hand tinned Puy lentils, you can cook your own dried lentils with some bay leaves and a few sprigs of thyme. Lentils are great at absorbing a whole range of wonderful flavours so this will greatly enhance the recipe, but if you’re short on time, or don’t have dried lentils to hand, the tinned ones are fine.
Packed with fibre, both soluble and insoluble, (you can read more about fibre here) they’ll help to lower your cholesterol and help to maintain the health of your heart. You can read more here about how to eat healthily for your heart every day.
Lentils don’t need to be pre-soaked, but dried lentils do need to be throughly rinsed before cooking. Just put them in a strainer and rinse them under cool running water until the water runs clear.
I hope you enjoy these plant based lentils as much as I do.
Let me know how you get on making them by leaving me a comment below.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Thank you!
- Mixing bowl
- 400 g Puy lentils with nothing added
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed then finely chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Put all the ingredients together except the parsley in a bowl and mix together. Taste then add a little Maldon sea salt or black pepper to taste.
- Chill the lentils until you want to serve, and just before serving add the fresh flat leaf parsley.