Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-hungarian-goulash-with-herb-dumplings/
© 2015 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant Based Hungarian Goulash with Herb Dumplings
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 can kidney beans in water
- 1 can cannellini beans in water
- 1 can black beans in water
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in water
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons hot paprika (add a little at first then more to your taste)
- 6 new potatoes, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed then chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste
- 100g/4oz wholemeal self raising flour
- 50g/2oz vegan suet
- generous amount of fresh herbs. I used rosemary, sage and thyme
- 5 tablespoons water
- Saute the onions, garlic, bell peppers and potatoes in a couple of inches/4cm of cold water until they begin to soften. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika and caraway seeds and continue to cook for another two minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dumplings. Mix the flour, suet, water and herbs. Put flour onto your hands then form into about eight small balls. Set aside.
- Add the beans with their liquid (water), tomato puree, tin of tomatoes, dried basil and black pepper and stir together. Then place the dumplings onto the top of the mixture.
- Put the lid on the pot then cook for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with Tenderstem broccoli and cabbage with lemon juice for a filling and flavoursome supper on a chilly autumn evening.
Loading nutrition data...