Jump to Recipe
This Plant-Based Gingered Sweet Potato, Aubergine, Peas, Pear and Coconut main dish sounds unusual, but it is delicious and very filling.
Add to Collection
Go to Collections
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed then finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, chopped into equal sized pieces
- 1/2 aubergine, chopped into equal sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 litre bouillon or stock, plant-based
- 150 g freekeh or quinoa
- 400 g cooked green lentils
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1.5 tbsp peel and grated ginger
- 1 ripe pear, cut into equal sized pieces
- 5 toasted walnuts to garnish
Cook the onions in 2cm/1 inch of water until soft. About 5-7 minutes.
Add the freekeh, garlic, ginger, sweet potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the aubergine (no need to peel it) and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix the chopped pear with the toasted coconut until the pears are coated with the desiccated coconut.
Spoon the gingered mixture into two bowls and top with the pear and coconut mix. Scatter a few of the toasted walnuts over or round the dish as you wish then serve.