If you’re looking for a delicious Plant-Based Cranberry Sauce as the base for my Plant-Based Cranberry and Onion Tart With Fresh Rosemary, or my nut roast – coming soon, then this is it.
You can find my recipe for Plant-Based Cranberry and Onion Tart With Fresh Rosemary here.
You can might also like my Plant-Based Tomato and Black Olive Tart with Fresh Basil and Pine Nuts. It’s super easy to make. Just click here to go to the recipe.
Plant-Based Cranberry Sauce
- Sharp paring knives
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
- 2 red onions thinly sliced. I used a mandolin.
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed, then finely chopped
- 250 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 225 ml vegan bouillon
- 1 tablespoon plant-based vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 100 g caster sugar
- Put the cranberries, garlic, chilli and onions in a pot and cook for 15 minutes until the mixture starts to soften.
- Stir in the sugar or your alternative sweetener, stock and cook over a low heat until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, taste, then season.
- This sauce is the base for the onion tart, but it can also be used as a sauce for your Christmas nut roast.
I’d love to hear how you get on making the sauce. Let me know. Thank you!
Oh, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family using the buttons top left on this page.
If you’re just starting out on your plant-based journey then the following articles will help you.
How to get started on your plant-based journey to learn about the power plate. It was developed by Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and provides optimal health for you and your family and is brilliantly flexible so you can eat in a way that suits your taste and lifestyle whilst getting all the nutrients you need.
If you’re struggling to eat more whole grains everyday, check out my five tips to help you here: How to easily eat more whole grains everyday
A typical food plan for the day may look like this:
Oatmeal/porridge for breakfast made with water or plant-based milks such as rice milk. Topped with fresh fruit such as sliced banana. Two slices of wholemeal toast, spread with 100% fruit jams. Read about my 7 of the best ever plant-based breakfasts
Water and/or tea or coffee, black or made with plant-based milks.
Mid morning snack of fruit, or read my post on 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
For an afternoon snack remember to check out my suggestions here: 11 simple plant based snacks to enjoy at work
Now it comes to dinner. What’s quick to make, nourishing and doesn’t cost the earth? Try some of my delicious dinner recipes.
Let me know in the comments section below if you’ve made my Plant-Based Cranberry and Onion Tart With Fresh Rosemary. I always love hearing from you!