My Plant-Based Carrot, Parsnip, Butterbean and Ginger Soup is a wonderful autumnal sweet root vegetable soup with a hint of ginger and bay leaf. Perfect for taking to work for lunch or as a starter when you have friends round for dinner.
It’s super easy to make with no fancy ingredients, all you need is carrots, parsnips, celery, ginger, an onion and stock, oh, and not forgetting the bay leaves.
If you’re looking for delicious, taste bud tickling soup for lunch that will warm you up, then this is it. Packed with lots of fibre and warming root ginger, this soup will not only warm you up, it’ll keep you feeling full all afternoon. Sprinkle a few toasted almonds on the top, a few fresh chives and you’ve now got a great starter for when you have friends round.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Here’s my Plant-Based Carrot, Parsnip, Butterbean and Ginger Soup.
- 1 onion, brown or white chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint plant-based stock/broth
- 400 g tin cooked butterbeans in water, drained
- 3 tbsp grated ginger, feel free to add more if you like ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- Saute the onion with the garlic and the ginger in about two inches of cold water in a large soup pot for three minutes.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and celery to the pot. Stir and cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and the bay leaf. Stir and cook for a further 20 minutes until the carrots and the parsnips are cooked - use a knife or taste them to check.
- Once cooked, puree with a stick blender then add the drained butterbeans. Return to the heat and stir. If you don't like your soup thick, add a little hot water toit until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve in warm soup bowls, topped with toasted almonds and a few chives.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way? or Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet? Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you. Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!