This flavour packed Plant-Based Butter Bean and Chickpea Curry is perfect served with brown rice and a green side salad. It’s very filling, and if you double the quantity you can freeze a portion or two for your own ready meal, or you can have it for lunch the following day.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
I’d love to hear if you made and whether you enjoyed it. Leave me a message below. Thank you!
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed then chopped
- 5cm/2 inch fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli, deseeded (finely chopped)
- Half teaspoon yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried garam masala
- Half teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g/14oz chick peas, in water, drained
- 400g/14oz cans butter beans, in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons creamed coconut
- 8 cavolo nero leaves (washed and finely chopped)
- brown rice (cooked as per packet instructions, amount as much as you want.)
- Place the ginger, garlic, red onion and chili into a food processor, or use a hand blender and blend them all together to form a paste.
- Put two inches of water into a large pot and add the paste. Cook over a medium heat for two minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the spices and continue to stir for another two minutes. Add the canned tomatoes, butter beans and chickpeas. Stir together. If it's looking a bit thick, add some water to your preferred consistency. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cavolo nero to the pot, stir and cook for a further five minutes. Serve with the brown rice and a green side salad.
If losing weight for your summer holidays is one of your goals, then consider following a whole food, plant-based diet and you’ll not only be able to eat delicious meals and snacks, but you won’t need to count calories or monitor your portions!
Ready to get started? Be one of the first to hear about my new, whole food, plant based weight loss course coming in the next few weeks. Click here to register.
Let me know in the comments section below. Thank you!
Oh, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family using the buttons to the left of this page.