This delicious plant based bean salad is super quick to make and tastes yummy. There’s no cooking involved, you just put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together.
It’s great with the plant based adzuki bean burgers with sweet potato chips and the falafel, as well as the plant based carrot salad and plant based lentil salad. If you’re looking for salads for a bar-b-que these three would be ideal.
Beans are packed with fibre, both soluble and insoluble, (you can read more about fibre here) they’ll also help to lower your cholesterol and will help to maintain the health of your heart. You can read more here about how to eat healthily for your heart every day.
They’re also great at helping to increase stool bulk and prevent constipation, and helping to prevent digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulosis. You can read more about preventing constipation here.
It’s often cheaper to buy dried beans in bulk, cook them in large batches and then freeze them. If this is to much hassle, then just use tinned beans. Once cooked, kidney beans can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to three days.
I hope you enjoy this plant based bean salad as much as I do.
Let me know how you get on making it by leaving me a comment below.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Thank you!
- Mixing bowl
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 garlic cloves crushed then finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 425 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 425 g can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat lead parsley finely chopped
- Put the balsamic vinegar, tomato ketchup,maple syrup, garlic and 2 tablespoons of water into a bowl and stir.
- Add the onion and beans and stir into the dressing until all the beans all coated. Add a little Maldon sea salt and black pepper to taste and chill.
- Just before serving add the fresh parsley.