Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/plant-based-adzuki-bean-burgers-with-sweet-potato-chips/
© 2015 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Plant Based Adzuki Bean Burgers with Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 can, 400g adzuki beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Half cup instant oats
- 2 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 1 sweet potato (cut into long thin fries. No need to peel.)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof/parchment paper and set a side. Place the cut sweet potato fries onto one of the baking sheets, making sure they don't overlap. Sprinkle generously with your choice of seasoning - fresh rosemary, black pepper, cayenne pepper for instance. Put into the oven for 15 minutes while you make the burgers.
- Put the adzuki beans into a bowl, mash with a fork leaving a few whole.
- Stir in the red onion, garlic, smoked paprika, ketchup and mustard. Then mix in the oats.
- Divide into four equal burgers, squeezing and forming into burger shapes.
- Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and turn the fries. Put them back into the oven for 15 minutes.
Place the burgers on the baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes in the oven. Turn, then bake for another 7 minutes or until they look lovely and crispy.
- Your sweet potato fries and plant based adzuki bean burgers should now be ready. Serve as you wish.
Loading nutrition data...