I made this Plant-Based Onion Gravy to go over falafel I made. It was a bit of a strange combination, but it worked! You can also use the onion gravy on the nut roast I made for New Year’s Day dinner, just click here to go to the recipe.
Plant-Based Onion Gravy
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- 2 onions (sliced into rings)
- 500 ml vegan stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves crushed then finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce vegan
- Put a little water in a pot and add the onions and the garlic. Soften for about 7-8 minutes. Add more water if the water evaporates.
- Add the herbs and stir.
- Pour the stock into the pot and keep 4 tablespoons back. Add the cornflour to this remaining stock and stir until it's smooth. Pour this mixture into the pot, stirring all the time to ensure the gravy doesn't become lumpy.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir for a few minutes while the sauce thickens. As soon as it reaches your perfect consistency, remove it from the heat and put it into a gravy boat, or pour over your falafels or nut roast.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Onion Gravy. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.