I always have these top 10 store cupboard essentials in my kitchen. They help me to make yummy, healthy and above all quick and easy food.
- Whole foods are my number one. I’ve got a wide variety in the kitchen to use at any time such as brown rice, rolled oats, pearl barley and quinoa.
- I’m cheating a bit here, but beans and lentils are my number two. I love kidney beans, aduki beans and cannelli beans. I buy the already cooked variety in tins as they’re quick and easy to use when you come in after a long day at work. Lentils fall into this category as well, although I do use a lot of dried red lentils in my soups and curries.
- Whole grain pasta. Quick and easy to prepare. Warming and filling on chilly nights. My fast food!
- Canned chopped tomatoes. I can’t live without them. I use them in nearly everything!
- Spices and herbs. Essential in my kitchen for cooking with any of the above. My favourites include curry powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon powder and sticks, ground ginger, turmeric and hot paprika.
- My Marigold vegan low salt bouillon. Brilliant for stock.
- Low salt Tamari soya sauce for adding to almost anything!
- Tomato puree – I use it in soups, chillies and curries
- Frozen veg with all their goodness still locked in. Peas, broccoli and corn are three of my favourites.
- Seeds and nuts! Sesame, sunflower, hemp and pumpkin. Almond, Brazil, cashew and walnut.
What I’d Ask You To Do Now Is…
Up above, I told you My Top 10 Store Cupboard Essentials that I keep in my kitchen.
If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to end off with a question that I’d like you to answer…
What do you think? What are your store cupboard essentials? Let me know below.
We value your privacy and would never spam you