A perfect special occasion dinner or Sunday lunch!
This is very tasty Plant-Based Moroccan Veg Nut Roast is a perfect main course that your family and friends will love! You might have to double the ingredients, or make two as they’ll be coming back for seconds! It’s stuffed with butternut squash, red peppers, aubergine, chickpeas, almonds and pistachios. It takes a bit longer to make than most of my other recipes but it’s worth it.
Plant-Based Moroccan Veg Nut Roast
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Pyrex oven proof dish
- 10 shallots halved
- 1 butternut squash chopped
- 1 medium aubergine chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp root ginger chopped into small pieces
- 400 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- 125 g almond flakes toasted
- 125 g shelled pistachios
- 1 packet filo pastry
- 2 red peppers cut into strips
- Heat the oven to 180c. Take a flan dish and add a little plant-based milk, such as almond milk, to the base. Put the shallots, squash, red peppers and aubergine in a bowl and add the spices, garlic and four tablespoons of water. Mix well and then place in a roasting tin and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the ginger, chickpeas, chopped coriander, toasted almonds and pistachios in a bowl and mix together. Add to the roasted vegetables once they're cooked.
- Lay a couple of sheets of filo pastry in the flan tin then brush some more plant based milk on the filo before adding another two sheets.
- Add the roasted veg to the flan tin, then fold over the filo pastry. If it doesn't completely cover the veg, place another couple of sheets in folds and crinkle over the top. Brush some plant based milk over the pastry and then bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with your selection of veg. I served mine with tender stem broccoli and new potatoes.
Up above, I shared with you Plant Based Vegan Moroccan Veg Nut Roast If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.