This warming and yet refreshing Plant Based Lentils with Fresh Chillies, Mint and Coriander dish takes a bit of time to prepare, but it’s really all to do with soaking the lentils and chickpeas for 30 minutes. I think it’s worthwhile as it’s delicious!
Plant-Based Lentil Dhal with Chilli, Mint and Coriander
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- 85 g red lentils washed until the water runs clear
- 85 g split chickpeas/masoor dhal washed until the water runs clear
- 85 g red split lentils rinsed with clean cold water until it runs clear
- 85 g split chickpeas/channa dhal rinsed with clean cold water until it runs clear
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 chillies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- Soak the lentils and chickpeas for 30 minutes.
- While the lentils and chickpeas are soaking, put the onion, ginger, garlic and chillies into a pan with a little water and soften under a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, adding more water if they catch on.
- Rinse the lentils and chickpeas then add to the onion mix with the cumin. Stir fry for about 3-4 minutes then pour in the water. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the mint and coriander then serve with brown rice or pitta bread with a green vegetable of your choice. Here I've served it with Tenderstem broccoli.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Lentils with Fresh Chillies, Mint and Coriander. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.