This Plant-Based Lentil and Tomato Soup is great to make when you’re in the mood for a warming, comforting and flavoursome lunch or starter. You’ll probably have the ingredients in your store cupboard already, so no need to rush out and buy new ingredients!
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery chopped
- 250 g red lentils rinsed until the water runs clear
- 800 g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1.8 litre Marigold vegan bouillon/ stock
- juice of one fresh lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of Maldon sea salt
- Put the onion and celery in a pot with 3 cm of water and cook until soft – about 5-7 minutes.
- Put the lentils, tomatoes and stock in the pot and stir. Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for 20-25 minutes – until the lentils are cooked.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use a stick blender to blend the soup. Add the juice of the lemon and freshly ground black pepper. Taste, and add a pinch of Maldon sea salt if needed.
- Serve with brown bread and a salad.
Up above, I shared with you Plant-Based Lentil and Tomato Soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.